Several of the tags from the cardboard sheet of tags in my package from www.dollarstorecrafts.com ‘s Super Secret Stashbusting Challenge had holes in them. Most had one hole each but some had two. I wanted to use them in a non-typical fashion so I sat and played with them for quite some time, moving them around, laying them out next to each other over and over again until I came up with these two projects. Please note that for both of them I actually plan to replace the yarn holding them together with fishing line instead but I was out of town when I was working on these and my supplies were limited.
The first project is a necklace made out of the tags that I then used gel medium to put some images on. I glued two of the tags together to make a center base for the pendant and then used yarn to tie the other tags onto it. I then used a necklace I had on hand from the dollar store. It was a piece of cording that had a lobster claw closure on it and I used a piece of the yarn to attach the pendant part to it. I’m leaving the necklace as is for now but am toying with the idea of adding some charms to it, dangling down from the tags.
The second project is made pretty much along the lines of the necklace but this time I made it into a mobile. I think eventually I will glue some scrapbooking paper to the backs of the tags and apply some images to them to make the mobile double-sided. I’m also thinking of adding some bells to the bottom of the mobile to make it into windchimes. Maybe a few tassels are in order too.