If you had asked me 5 years ago, I’m pretty sure I would have said, Monster Jam? What’s Monster Jam? But then some little people came into my life and I started hearing all about it! When I was a kid, my dad and I used to watch Smash Up Derby together on the weekends. After some little people entered my life and became enthralled with Monster Jam, I went for the very first time and had so much fun.
On the Monster Jam Tour, these twelve-feet-tall, ten-thousand-pound monster trucks will bring you to your feet, racing and ripping up a custom-designed track full of obstacles to soar over – OR smash through. Monster Jam provides a massive night’s entertainment tailored perfectly for your family’s budget, and these colourful, larger-than-life beasts are sure to capture the hearts of both young and old.
DID YOU KNOW?
Monster Truck Facts:
- Height – Approximately 12’ / 3.6 Meters
- Width – Approximately 12’ / 3.6 Meters
- Length – Approximately 20’ / 6 Meters
- Weight – 10,000 lbs / 4500 Kilograms
- Tire Size – 66”/ 167cm / 1.7 Meters X 43”/ 109cm / 1 meter on a 25” / 63.5 cm Tall Wheel
- Top Speed – 70 MPH/113 KM/H, Monster trucks are equipped with tachometers which measure the working speed of an engine versus speedometers which measure vehicle speed
Monster Jam Events:
- At Monster Jam, monster trucks face off in two different forms of competition — side-by-side racing and freestyle:
- Side-by-side racing – traditional bracket racing, where the first truck, with the least amount of penalties, crosses the finish line is declared the winner.
- Freestyle competition – allows drivers a limited amount of time on the open floor to show off their skills. In this category, the fans serve as the judges.2007 was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
- More than 4 million Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
- The World Finals in Las Vegas, NV brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
- A monster truck race team will travel 45,000 Miles / 72,400 kilometers a year by land to attend events.
- Typical monster trucks cost $600,000 yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
- Steel body full-size cars are the vehicles typically crushed during a monster truck event.
- Cars, as well as vans, buses, motor homes, airplanes and ambulances, are attained from local junkyards and returned after each event.
- Average number of cars crushed per year: 3,000.
Well, what are you waiting for? Order your tickets for Maple Leaf Monster Jam coming to the Rogers Centre in Toronto Jan. 16th and 17th. Or try your luck at winning 4 tickets for the event on Jan. 16th at 7 pm by entering below.