This Clay Pot Leprechaun Hat is so simple and inexpensive to make. It’s a perfect St. Patrick’s Day craft you can make with the kids.
A simple dollar store clay pot and saucer make the cutest leprechaun hat to fill with treats! Make one to keep and one to give as a gift. Or use them as place cards for your St. Patrick’s Day dinner.
Find more St. Patrick’s Day crafts here:
DOLLAR STORE CLAY POT LEPRECHAUN HAT
- Clay Flowerpot, 3.5” – Dollar Store
- Clay Flowerpot Saucer 4” – Dollar Store
- Paper Shred, White – Dollar Store
- Craft Paint – Bright Green, Black
- Glitter Glue, Gold – Dollar Store
- Craft Foam, Yellow, Green – Dollar Store
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks – Dollar Store (NOTE: You can use liquid craft glue for this project, but you will have to wait for it to dry.)
- Buttons, Green
- CLAY POT LEPRECHAUN HAT PATTERNS
Gather all supplies. Remove the paper tag from the clay pots. Basecoat clay pot and saucer with bright green acrylic craft paint. Let dry and apply a second coat, if necessary.
Using a small flat paintbrush, paint a black stripe around the base of the clay pot. If working with younger kids you can use a strip of black cardstock, craft foam, felt, or even black ribbon.
Download, print, and cut out the CLAY POT LEPRECHAUN HAT PATTERNS.
Trace the shamrock onto green craft foam, and cut it out with scissors.
Trace the buckle pattern onto yellow craft foam and cut it out with scissors.
Outline the buckle and shamrock with gold glitter glue, and then let dry. Glue a green button to the center of the shamrock. Attach the buckle and the shamrock to the leprechaun hat with a glue gun and glue sticks.
Layer the clay pot onto the saucer, and secure it with a glue gun and glue sticks. Fill with paper shred and gold foil-wrapped candy of choice.