Planning on a staycation this March Break? Some may find a staycation boring but it doesn’t have to be! Actually, not only can you have a lot of fun on a staycation, you can do it without the stress and exhaustion that traveling far from home can cause.
Look at your own area through the eyes of a tourist. If someone was coming to your region, what would they do? What would they see? It’s funny how often so many of us don’t ever take the time to really enjoy what’s right in front of us. You can stay indoors, cozy and warm, or get outside and enjoy an adventure.
Here are some great suggestions for a staycation:
1. Plan an indoor excursion. Take a trip to a museum, gallery or science centre (to name a few). Whatever your interest may be – from antiques and art to science and nature – there is an exhibit for you. Many of them even schedule special events for each day of March Break so be sure to have a look at their websites and start planning your calendar.
2. Visit a local ski resort. Take a day, or two, to hit the slopes with your family; you can ski, snowboard, snow tube or hike, the options are endless. Or if the spring weather hits, head out for a car ride, hop a train to a nearby town, or just go for a hike in your local conservation area.
· Tip: If you have family members who are motion sensitive, GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults) are an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Don’t take GravolTM chewables and drive, as GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness).
3. Unwind with a good book. With hectic lives and busy schedules, sometimes we don’t have time for the simple things in life, like curling up with a good book. If you have readers in your family, take advantage of some down time and let your mind be captivated by a new story. Pick one that you can read aloud together and enjoy a couple of chapters each day. For younger kids, colouring or picture books might do the trick! (and with the new adult colouring craze, you can sit down with your kids and colour together!).
4. At-home makeovers. Be your own glam squad and grab those nail polishes, make-up powders, sparkle eye shadows, styling tools and last but not least…BatisteTM Dry Shampoo! It’s perfect to use between washes and easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. With the new limited-edition BatisteTM Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive Dry Shampoo, you’ll feel like a celebrity, with hair that looks, feels – and smells – great!
5. Crafts, puzzles and games galore. Now you have time to get into a new project with your kids that could take a few hours or few days, you decide. Just browse Pinterest for a while and you’re sure to find loads of great ideas. Check out my “fun for kids” board there to get started.
6. Try new recipes. The March break can have us feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, inspiring us to tackle that new recipe you or your kids have been wanting to try. Whether it’s a batch of cookies – or a yummy stew – take advantage of your time. It might end up being something you love!
· In addition to all the good food you’ll cook up, make sure all family members get the get their daily recommended nutrients by taking VitafusionTM Men’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’CrittersTM Gummy VitesTM for kids.
7. Have a movie marathon. Pop some popcorn, make some root beer floats, and snuggle up for a marathon of your favourite family movies.
On behalf of your family’s most trusted brands, here’s a staycation giveaway for you to enjoy:
· Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
· Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
· L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
· Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
· OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body (not pictured)
Value: Approximately $80