Planning on a staycation this March Break? Some may find a staycation boring but it doesn’t have to be! Actually, not only can you have a lot of fun on a staycation, you can do it without the stress and exhaustion that traveling far from home can cause.
Look at your own area through the eyes of a tourist. If someone was coming to your region, what would they do? What would they see? It’s funny how often so many of us don’t ever take the time to really enjoy what’s right in front of us. You can stay indoors, cozy and warm, or get outside and enjoy an adventure.
Here are some great suggestions for a staycation:
1. Plan an indoor excursion. Take a trip to a museum, gallery or science centre (to name a few). Whatever your interest may be – from antiques and art to science and nature – there is an exhibit for you. Many of them even schedule special events for each day of March Break so be sure to have a look at their websites and start planning your calendar.
2. Visit a local ski resort. Take a day, or two, to hit the slopes with your family; you can ski, snowboard, snow tube or hike, the options are endless. Or if the spring weather hits, head out for a car ride, hop a train to a nearby town, or just go for a hike in your local conservation area.
· Tip: If you have family members who are motion sensitive, GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults) are an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Don’t take GravolTM chewables and drive, as GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness).
3. Unwind with a good book. With hectic lives and busy schedules, sometimes we don’t have time for the simple things in life, like curling up with a good book. If you have readers in your family, take advantage of some down time and let your mind be captivated by a new story. Pick one that you can read aloud together and enjoy a couple of chapters each day. For younger kids, colouring or picture books might do the trick! (and with the new adult colouring craze, you can sit down with your kids and colour together!).
4. At-home makeovers. Be your own glam squad and grab those nail polishes, make-up powders, sparkle eye shadows, styling tools and last but not least…BatisteTM Dry Shampoo! It’s perfect to use between washes and easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. With the new limited-edition BatisteTM Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive Dry Shampoo, you’ll feel like a celebrity, with hair that looks, feels – and smells – great!
5. Crafts, puzzles and games galore. Now you have time to get into a new project with your kids that could take a few hours or few days, you decide. Just browse Pinterest for a while and you’re sure to find loads of great ideas. Check out my “fun for kids” board there to get started.
6. Try new recipes. The March break can have us feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, inspiring us to tackle that new recipe you or your kids have been wanting to try. Whether it’s a batch of cookies – or a yummy stew – take advantage of your time. It might end up being something you love!
· In addition to all the good food you’ll cook up, make sure all family members get the get their daily recommended nutrients by taking VitafusionTM Men’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’CrittersTM Gummy VitesTM for kids.
7. Have a movie marathon. Pop some popcorn, make some root beer floats, and snuggle up for a marathon of your favourite family movies.
On behalf of your family’s most trusted brands, here’s a staycation giveaway for you to enjoy:
· Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
· Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
· L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
· Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
· OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush (not pictured)
· Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body (not pictured)
Value: Approximately $80
Silvia D says
One of my Favorites would be 6. Try new recipes. My daughter love to cook and bake and this would be fun for her!
Laura grouchy says
Mine would be good old chalking outside on a nice day followed by a movie night!!
Erika Letson says
My favourite staycation idea is if the weather is nice, to pitch a tent in the backyard and pretend we’re camping. The kids love it!
Tiffany Rotulo says
Home makeover and try a new recipe are my favorite ideas.
Erika E says
I like the idea of spending time doing puzzles and playing games. We really enjoy puzzles but I find it hard to dedicate the time it takes to finish one. Spring break is a perfect time to sit and relax and actually finish a puzzle or a long game of Monopoly.
I love the movie marathon idea! What a great way to snuggle together and watch a lot of movies together with treats.
Florence C says
Take some day trips to the local parks and beaches.
julie ferguson gould says
I love the idea of the Stay at Home Makeover. Sounds like a great idea for my Granddaughters and I! I think i will be giving it a try really soon. Thanks for all of the great ideas 🙂
Sarah Jackson says
I love pizza /movie nights , local day trips and camping in the yard with the kids , so many fun things can be done during a staycation
melina r says
My favorite staycation idea is to enjoy the local sites of our city. We have several museums and parks that we can go to.
naiddia p says
My favorite staycation is to take the family to a local attraction or museum.
Have a movie marathon because we never have time to do this and it can be so much fun!
ivy pluchinsky says
we usually get a hotel in the city and go shopping and swimming, so much fun
Juliee Fitze says
I like doing crafts with the grandkids and spending time at the pool.
Kim K says
We like to visit our local ski resort and be active during our staycations!
Amy C says
My favourite is Crafts, puzzles and games.
jessica Eapen says
I like the at-home makeovers idea!
Angela Mitchell says
I love having a movie marathon with some snacks.
I like camping out in the backyard
Nate Fuller says
Planning an indoor excursion sounds like fun, I rarely get to go to the local art galleries etc, that would be great!
Jennifer Beckett says
I like the idea of snuggling with a book! We also check out local sites and visit our Y for a swim. 🙂
Belinda McNabb says
I like the Crafts, puzzles and games galore idea
Karla Sceviour says
My favorite staycaton idea is to go on a short roadtrip and visit a place you never visited before.
Tammy Dalley says
games, crafts and movies
My staycation idea is to have a shopping staycation and visit local stores that you’ve never been to.
Sarah at Journeys of The Zoo says
We like to go out for dinner at our local family diner and then to a movie. I love time with my family.
Thanks for hosting.
Journeys of The Zoo
I like exploring my own city and visiting places i have never visited before.
Valerie Mallette says
My favourite staycation idea is to unwind with a good book.
We love family picnics and BBQs in the local city parks!
Jen C (@JusticeSadie) says
lori b says
geo caching is my fav idea
Josh S says
I like taking the family for hikes on outdoor trails.
andrea amy says
sleeping in and movie night with the kids
I love the crafts, puzzles and games galore idea. It’s always great to spend some quality time with the kids on spring break!
I love the Crafts, puzzles and games idea
I love to try new recipes and usually like to do this when we have days or even a week off.
Judy Cowan says
If the weather is nice we love to go hiking at local conservation areas & provincial parks. We always pack a picnic lunch. If we have to stay indoors then it is usually baking & crafts.
Amy Heffernan says
Visiting local tourist attractions in our home town 🙂
Tina L. says
I like plan an indoor excursion
Jenny Major says
Take some day trips to the local parks
Making crafts and playing games
Jennifer L. says
I like to visit local museums and theaters.
Going for a nice bike ride, than enjoying a nice meal, followed by coffee on a porch and games with my family later that evening
Yuen C says
I like to watch movies.