Cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts into strips (like chicken fingers) and pieces (like nuggets). Dip the pieces of chicken into beaten egg and then panko crumbs or crushed cornflakes or finely chopped peanuts or crushed potato chips or breadcrumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese or crushed pretzels (it’s nice to add a little Dijon or honey mustard to the egg or spread on the chicken prior to coating it if using pretzels). Here’s a great tip on an easier way to crush those coating items: http://pinkdaisygirl.blogspot.com/2010/01/wfmw-your-pastry-cutter-isnt-just-for.html Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Note: You don’t have to make this with boneless skinless chicken. It can also be made with regular bone-in pieces of chicken, as oven fried chicken.
Dipping sauce options:
1) Combine some apricot jam with Dijon mustard (I like a 3:1 proportion but experiment with what you like best).
2) Combine barbecue sauce with mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
3) Combine sour cream with a little Dijon mustard and honey.
4) Combine plain yogurt with some ketchup, soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, and pepper
5) Combine black bean sauce, rice wine vinegar, chopped green onion, and some brown sugar
6) Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, minced garlic, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce