Don’t you just love homemade gifts? The entire time that I’m making a gift for someone special, I’m thinking about them. When I receive something handmade, I like to think that I was on their mind as they made it too.
So much love goes into gifts that we make ourselves but I know that time can be tight at this time of year. That’s why this fun idea for Melted Snowman Hot Cocoa is perfect. It’s sure to bring a smile to the recipient’s face!
This makes a really great neighbor or teacher gift idea. It’s so easy to make and quite inexpensive too but it’s sure to put a smile on the face of the recipient. Be sure to scroll down to get your free printable label.
These Mason Jar Snow Globes are another fun (and easy!) holiday gift idea!
MELTED SNOWMAN HOT COCOA
- White Hot Cocoa Mix or Homemade White Hot Cocoa Mix (shameless plug: my recipe is the best I’ve ever tasted)
- Edible Food Markers – I used black and Orange
- Pint canning jars
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Regular size marshmallows
- Start by taking your edible food markers to make a snowman face on one marshmallow for each pint jar. The other marshmallows in the jar are simply for filler and you do not need to add faces to them. Pro Tip: The markers do bleed just a bit so mark lightly on them.
- Scoop your white-hot chocolate into the pint jars. I used about one half to three fourths of a cup for each jar. Just be sure you have enough room at the top for the marshmallows.
- Place the marshmallow with the snowman face facing out so the marshmallow sits right on top of the mix. Add three more marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate mix to keep your snowman in place.
- Place your label on top of the mason jar lid and using your sharpie draw the snowman’s buttons and arms on the outside of the jar.
- These make great gifts for co-workers, friends and neighbors.
Super Mom - No Cape! says
What a super fun food gift idea! Love it!
Great idea to make a melted snowman hot cocoa gift. So cute in the jar!
Mother of 3 says
Those are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Happy Holidays Link Party. Pinned.