Disclosure: Some of the links in the post below are affiliate links provided for your convenience. This means that if you purchase something through one of these links, I get a small commission at no added cost to you.
I just love these Mason Jar Snow Globes. They are absolutely adorable and make such a great gift!
What is it about mason jars that just add so much charm to pretty much any occasion? I use them as vases, make overnight oats and salads in them, serve beverages in them, and store things in them.
So, of course, when it comes to the holidays, I love to make use of mason (and other) jars then too! That’s why I just love these Mason Jar Snow Globes so much.
These make fantastic gifts – perfect for a unique take on hostess gifts, neighbor and co-worker gifts, teacher gifts, and more. Fill them with whatever you’d like.
DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes Tutorial
These are quick, easy, and economical to make. Make them for everyone on your list.
- Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Miniature Christmas ornaments
- Clear Christmas ornaments
- Glue gun
- A bag of fake snow
- White paper
- Cut the strings off the miniature ornaments.
- Using the lid of the Mason jar trace the inner circle part on the white paper.
- Cut the circle and hot glue it to the inner part of the lid.
- Create a scene by hot gluing the ornaments onto the white piece of paper that is attached to the lid.
- Add snow to your scene.
- Open your clear plastic ornament so it’s in two pieces. Attach one half of the ornament to the outer portion of the Mason jar lid.
- Place your dome onto the jar. There is a small part of the ornament that is meant to have the string attached to it. Be sure that portion of the ornament is at the back of the jar.
- Add whatever you would like inside the jar complete it. Might I suggest this delicious White Hot Cocoa mix?
If you liked these Mason Jar Snow Globes, you’ve got to check out this Melted Snowman Hot Cocoa too!
Those miniature ornaments are so cute & precious! They make perfect snow globes. Love them!
Such a cute craft idea! Love it! I may have to make my family do something like this 🙂
xo Chelsea | https://completelychelsea.com
Paula Schuck says
These are super cute! Must try myself with the hot chocolate of course.
Nikki from Tikkido says
Aaaaaaaah those are WAY too cute! What a clever, adorable idea to package up so many things!
Marie InteriorFrugalista says
What a wonderful way to gift yummy treats that look so festive and adorable! Love these 🙂
Oh my goodness, these are absolutely as cute as can be!
Super Mom - No Cape! says
Now how cute are those mason jar snow globes!! Love them!
This is an adorable idea. I love the idea of the snow globe. So cute.
Cherryl Ehlenburg says
These are so cute! I had seen a similar idea using the small village people from Dollar Tree, but when I went to get them, they were all gone. I never thought of using miniature ornaments! Thanks for the idea!
T'onna | Sew Crafty Crochet says
The snow globes on top are such a crafty, cute, and extremely clever idea! I love it! The mini ornaments are too cute. I’m pinning this. I will definitely give this craft a try!
Iryna @ Mindful Points says
Love all the mason jar ideas! I think my daughter would love to make a snow globe mason jar. She loves snow globes! And it doesn’t look too complicated to make one. Thanks for sharing!
Angie Agerter says
Oh my gosh, these are adorable! I am saving these to make next year!
Those are so cute and such a good idea! Where did you purchase the ornaments at? I got mine at Dollar tree and I had a really hard time cutting them in half.
Cyn Gagen says
I got them at a Canadian dollar store – Dollarama – a while back. I have also used the ones that open into two halves so then there’s no cutting needed. I ordered them online but have seen them at Michaels from time to time too.