What is it about mason jars that just add so much charm to pretty much any occasion? I use them as vases, make overnight oats and salads in them, serve beverages in them, and store things in them. So, of course, when it comes to the holidays, I love to make use of mason (and other) jars then too! That’s why I just love these Mason Jar Snow Globes.
They are positively adorable, easy, and inexpensive to make. You can fill them with whatever you’d like and they make great gifts!
Welcome to Day 8 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
It’s Day 8 and we are sharing Christmas In A Jar Ideas!
Personally, I cannot WAIT to see what everyone else has come up with!
DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes Tutorial
- Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Miniature Christmas ornaments
- Clear Christmas ornaments
- Glue gun
- A bag of fake snow
- White paper
- Cut the strings off the miniature ornaments.
- Using the lid of the Mason jar trace the inner circle part on the white paper.
- Cut the circle and hot glue it to the inner part of the lid.
- Create a scene by hot gluing the ornaments onto the white piece of paper that is attached to the lid.
- Add snow to your scene.
- Open your clear plastic ornament so it’s in two pieces. Attach one half of the ornament to the outer portion of the Mason jar lid.
- Place your dome onto the jar. There is a small part of the ornament that is meant to have the string attached to it. Be sure that portion of the ornament is at the back of the jar.
- Add whatever you would like inside the jar complete it. Might I suggest this delicious White Hot Cocoa mix?
Scroll down for many more Christmas In A Jar Ideas you are sure to love!
If you liked these Mason Jar Snow Globes, you’ve got to check out this Melted Snowman Hot Cocoa too!