Dear Mom, if you are reading my blog today, please stop right now. I’m about to discuss your Christmas gift and I don’t want to spoil the surprise!!!
1. What gift do you hope to get this Christmas? I’d really like a selfie stick. I can see it coming in handy for the vlogging I’m hoping to do (more often).
2. What gift are you excited to give this Christmas? My mom’s gift. Gah – I hope she doesn’t read this!!! When she was a child/teenager, it was a big deal to get to take the bus to the next little town over and while there, they would visit the candy store there. Her treat was always opera creams. Last time we were in that area visiting family she started reminiscing about it and saying how much she’d love to taste them again. I found out that the store is still in business (I think they just celebrated something like their 90th anniversary!) AND they now take online orders so a box of opera creams is on the way to her.
3. Will you go to church on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both (or neither)? I usually go to Mass on Christmas Eve right after dinner and then sometimes I go back for Midnight Mass. As much as I wish I could say I go on Christmas Day, the reality is that it rarely happens.
4. What’s your favorite family tradition on Christmas Day? In recent years, we’ve gone out to a new movie on Christmas Day. I’m hoping to go see Into the Woods.
5. Does your family open gifts on Christmas Eve? Yes we do. I grew up with that tradition. We would have dinner and then go to church. On the way home from church, we’d take the long way, looking at all the Christmas lights and by the time we got home, Santa had been there. For my own daughter, she has always had the option of picking whether to open them on Christmas Eve or Day. She usually chooses Eve but she wanted to experience the whole waking up to the presents thing at least a few times. I always told her that she was special and so she was always given place of honour on Santa’s tour – either as his very first delivery or his very last.
So, anyone else in for a Top 5 Friday?