It’s funny how tiny little things can brighten up our days. I find simply adding a colour I love to my surroundings is a sure way of bringing a smile to my face even in the midst of chaos. That’s why I love the new line of Renova paper products. Renova is a company from Portugal that has recently expanded to Canada. I’m so glad they did because I’m a big fan!
A simple summertime meal can be elevated with the use of Renova paper napkins. I just love the bright colours – they coordinate with and enhance my own accessories and decor. The most basic of meals like my grilled sausage with pickled vegetable slaw can become something beautiful with the bright Renova colours!
Recipe for pickled slaw:
Combine 1 cup vinegar (I used plain white but you can experiment with any kind you like), 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice, 4 T. sugar, 1/2 T. kosher salt, 1 cup water. I shredded cabbage, carrots,onions, and radishes to make a total of 4-5 cups of shredded vegetables. Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and put aside to allow the pickling process to begin. I usually make this in the morning for that evening’s dinner but you can make it as late as half an hour before using or store it for up to a month in the refrigerator for later use.
Check out my super quick and easy napkin folding technique below – not that you need to do anything fancy to these beautiful products –
Begin with one of the square napkins with the folded sides to the left and the bottom, open sides to the right and the top as pictured above.
- Fold the top layer of the napkin from the upper right hand corner in. I fold it in a couple of times to create a “stripe”.
- Fold the next layer of the napkin in from the upper right hand corner as you did in step 1. It should create another “stripe” layered on top of the first one.
- Repeat the folding as above with the third layer of the napkin.
- Flip the napkin over.
- Make a straight vertical fold from the right hand edge into the center of the napkin.
- Make the same kind of straight vertical fold from the left hand edge into the center of the napkin. It should roughly meet the fold you made in step 5 (it doesn’t have to be perfect!).
- Flip the napkin back over again. You now have a fun little pouch to place your flatware in.
- I layered it with one of the rectangular red napkins to add another punch of colour to my table. When we’re having messy barbecued foods like chicken, ribs, and sausages in the summer time, having two napkins can really come in handy!
I also like to use Renova paper products in the bedroom. I keep a basket of beauty supplies on my bedside table so that it’s nice and handy for spur of the moment pampering sessions. Renova tissues – these yellow ones are mango milkshake scented – are the perfect addition. When I wake up in the morning, I’m greeted with a little touch of sunshine no matter what the weather outside. The scent is a delightful added bonus.
Oh how I wish we had these tissues last year when my daughter got married – her colours were purple and yellow and we could have had coordinating tissues for all the teary eyed moments! Now, the ones by my bedside are perfect for those many moments I’m blinking away tears during a touching TV show or movie…or maybe going back through the wedding album and reliving that special day!
Imagine my delight when I found out that Renova has beautiful turquoise blue paper towels that will coordinate with my new (soon-to-be) renovated kitchen perfectly! I cook a lot, I’m an artist, I have a big dog and two cats – my house gets messy!!! It’s so much nicer to grab a pretty paper towel to clean up those messes!
Renova even makes coloured and patterned toilet paper – including red which is the colour of choice for Beyonce when she’s on tour! It has been called the “sexiest paper on earth” and I understand why! It just makes every day activities so much lovelier.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of RENOVA. The opinions and text are all mine. Restrictions apply.