I am very excited to be participating in another Biannual Blogathon Bash. This is an event that takes place twice a year and encourages bloggers to set aside some dedicated time to take care of those blogging chores we never seem to find the time to complete. It also allows us to connect with other bloggers and learn some new blogging skills.
The bash starts today January 24th and goes until Monday January 27th at 8 am Eastern. You are not too late to join in!
Here are my plans for the Blogathon:
1) I really need to go through and fix up some of my blog posts. I’ve really been posting on the fly for the past few months – I’ve been crazy busy and doing a lot of work for other people and my own work has been sort of put on the back burner as a result. I decided that in 2014 I’d refocus and devote more time and energy to my own blogging so now I need to go back and do all of the fine-tuning of my posts that I really should have done in the first place. This includes: a) Checking for broken links. I still have some broken links remaining from when my blog was moved over to a self-hosted one a year and a half ago. As I come across them, I fix them but really, I need to make a concerted effort to take care of all of them. b) I usually go through and optimize my posts for SEO purposes. That was the first thing I neglected in the madness that was my world at the end of 2013. c) I need to add proper titles to my photos. Most of the recent ones say things like “Pic001” or :Image002” on them I really need to go through every single one of my blog posts but there’s no way that will happen in one weekend. So, my goal is to get through all posts written between November 1st and now, as well as any in my Valentine’s Day category (since, conceivably, these will get more traffic at this time of year).
2) I’m going to complete these mini-challenges:
- Narrowing Your Niche
- Categories and Tags
- Improving Page Rank
- Growing Your Instagram Following
- Increasing Your Google+ Following
- Growing Your Facebook Community
- Increasing Blog Productivity
- 15 Clever Ways to Get New Blog Traffic
- Incorporating Schema.org Microdata into Your WordPress Theme
- 3) Visit some of the other bloggers taking part in the Blogathon
- 4.) Visit my fellow Blogathon participants.
- 5.) I have quite a few blog posts in draft right now that simply need some editing and photos added. I’d like to get 5 of those completed and scheduled for next week.
Do you want to join in on the Biannual Blogathon Bash? You can set as many or as few goals as you’d like. There are Twitter parties to keep you motivated and offer suggestions and assistance and by completing some of the mini-challenges, you can be eligible for some great prizes! Head on over to the site to find out more information and to get signed up.