Flickr, Carissa GoodNCrazy
Just like my annual Canada Day quiz a few days ago, here’s my annual 4th of July quiz to see how much you know about the United States! Some of the questions should be pretty easy (they’re straight from the US citizenship test), while others are a little more obscure.
Here’s a sample of some of the questions:
1) In what State did Adolf Hitler once own 8,960 acres of land?
2) At what price did Thomas Jefferson, President and the main author of the Constitution, negotiate a deal with Napoleon to buy Louisiana?
3) Part or all of what 2 States can be reached by land only if you leave the U.S.?
4) What state in the U.S. has the smallest population?
5) Of the 5 Great Lakes, only one is located entirely inside the U.S. Which one is it?
For the rest of the quiz, check out this post: http://cynsreality.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/happy-independence-day/
Answers will be posted tomorrow.
Some fun kids’ 4th of July crafts here: http://cynchronicity.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/kids-summer-fun-holiday-crafts/
And check out these recipes – they’re what speaks of American heritage to me in my family!!:
http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/fourth-of-july-recipes-chicken-and-dumplings/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/fourth-of-july-recipes-southern-chicken-fried-steak-with-milk-gravy/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/fourth-of-july-recipes-cincinnati-skyline-chili-getti/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-southern-fried-chicken/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-spaetzle/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-sauerbraten/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-german-potato-salad/