A lip scrub is a great way to exfoliate your lips and help keep them soft. I love to use one all year-around, but it’s especially helpful in the fall and winter when my lips tend to be dry and chapped. This lavender coconut lip scrub is one of my favorites.
This scrub is a great way to get that special spa treatment at home. It makes a great gift too!
Lavender Coconut Lip Scrub
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post below are affiliate links provided for your convenience. This means that if you purchase something through one of these links, I get a small commission at no added cost to you.
3 ½ Tbsp. white sugar
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. Lavender buds
Add ingredients to a bowl and mix until the consistency of wet sand.
Add mixture into a container with a tight-fitting lid.
To use: Using clean hands, wet lips and take out a nickel size amount of scrub and add a drop or two of water. Gently rub lips in a circular motion for 30 seconds. Wipe off with a warm washcloth.
- This lip scrub should last up to 3 months. Being a small batch recipe, it likely won’t last that long anyway, but just in case, I like to throw out my leftovers and make a new batch at that time.
- Remember that your hands should be clean and/or you should be using a clean spoon or spatula to get the scrub out of the jar. If not, you could be introducing bacteria into the mixture that will greatly reduce the length of time this will keep.
- Always place the lid back on the jar in between uses to further protect the lip scrub from dirt and bacteria.
- You can keep this in the fridge for a lovely cooling effect in the summer.
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind up the lavender buds and release more of that beautiful delicious lavender scent.
- Add a little bit of purple food coloring if you want to tint the scrub.