Well just over two weeks from now we’ll be celebrating Christmas! How’s your shopping going? If you’re still looking for some gifts to give to someone special on your list, let me suggest getting in your kitchen and whipping up some yummy treats. This Christmas season, McCormick is inspiring gift givers with ideas for simple yet impressive treats and crafts that showcase the signature flavors and aromas of the season so that you can spread holiday cheer.
These Homemade Gifts from the Kitchen are great to have on hand for unexpected guests, to give to your neighbours, or as teacher or Secret Santa gifts.
Holiday Cookie and Nut Butters – These delicious spreads are tasty toppers for toast, muffins, waffles and more. Portion out into individual jars for perfect gift-sized packages.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Butter – Move over PB&J. Use this chocolatey, warmly spiced homemade nut butter instead of peanut butter for a sweet twist on the classic.
- Tip: Make sure you’re using high-quality pure vanilla extract. It should have a dark, rich color with bourbon, rum and a hint of floral aroma and taste.
- Gingerbread Cookie Butter – There’s a new cookie butter on the scene and it’s full of holiday flavor. Puree gingerbread cookies with confectioners’ sugar, coconut oil and warm spices like cinnamon to create the ultimate spread.
Delightful DIYs – Feeling crafty? From edible gift tags to fragrance jars, get creative with one-of-a-kind ways to spread seasonal cheer.
- Fruitcake Mug Mix – This is not your Grandma’s fruit cake. Dried pineapple and mango give this classic dessert a tasty, tropical twist.
- Cinnamon and Pine Fragrance Jar – Float a lit tea candle on top for a delicate centerpiece or heat the contents in a pan to give your home a cozy aroma.
- Apple Cider Mulling Spice Sachets – Tie up cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves in cheesecloth to make it easy to add warm seasonal flavor to simmering apple cider.
- Cinnamon Ornaments – These ornaments are easy to make with an aroma that lasts long after the holidays are over.
Timeless Treats – Nothing says Christmas like traditional holiday sweets! Classic flavors will delight everyone from little elves to Santa himself.
- Eggnog Pound Cake with Warm Rum Sauce – This pound cake boasts an eggnog flavor and is finished with a rich, buttery rum sauce.
- Spiced Holiday Sugar Cookies – A twist on traditional sugar cookies, this recipe offers a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg for holiday-inspired flavor that kids and adults alike will enjoy.
- Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Walnuts – The holidays should be full of sugar, spice and everything nice. These sweet walnuts get a little heat from red pepper.
- Peppermint Bark – Smooth white chocolate and refreshing peppermint combine in a candy-striped confection that looks and tastes like the holidays.
You can celebrate and share in the flavors of the season with more holiday recipes from McCormick. Visit www.McCormick.com and check them out on Pinterest and Facebook.
Leave a Reply