Okay so full disclosure – I have not personally tried this Orange Glazed Salmon with Asparagus Recipe. (Well, I did cook some of the asparagus separately for myself along with some chicken! I pretty much made it the same way as the salmon with a little extra cook time). I’m allergic to fish and wasn’t able to eat any of it. But I did test it out with some friends and they loved it! This is a quick and easy one pan dinner that’s the perfect healthy weeknight meal. It makes a fantastic main dish for a dinner party too. I mean, when something looks so elegant and tastes so good, why not? From start to finish, you can have this delicious, complete meal on the table in less than 25 minutes! That means more time to enjoy your guests.
Orange Glazed Salmon with Asparagus Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
4 6-oz. each salmon fillets, preferably wild-caught Alaskan
3 T. fresh orange juice
2 t. honey
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1½ lb. asparagus, tough end removed
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon filets skin side down in the center of the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and brush over the salmon.
- Add the asparagus to the bowl with the orange juice mixture and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Arrange asparagus around the salmon filets in a single layer and place sheet pan in pre-heated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or just until the salmon is flaky and the asparagus develops a bit of color, being careful to not overcook the salmon.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. I served it alongside some roasted cauliflower but I find quinoa to be a lovely option as well.
Leave a Reply