I’ve got a new holiday quiz for you this year – Match the Christmas Movie Quotes! Can you match the quotes to the movie? (“bonus points” if you can name the character who said the words too) Oh and no cheating (aka Googling)! Take it yourself or put your family and friends to the test at your next holiday gathering.
If you have fun with this one, you need to check out my most popular quiz post – Christmas Movie Trivia! These are really fun for holiday parties or just when sitting around with your family during your Christmas vacation. My family can be a little competitive when it comes to things like trivia (and Scrabble….ohhh the Scrabble battles) and we always look forward to challenging each other.
Match the Christmas Movie Quote Trivia Quiz
1. Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.
2. “Why don’t you just say it? I’m the worst toy-maker in the world. I’m a cotton-headed ninnymuggins!”
3. “If Higbee thinks I’m working one minute past 9:00, he can kiss my foot. Ho ho ho.”
4. “I can see it now. Sixteen thousand bags of Cheetos later, you’ll wake up, you’re thirty-five, you’re overweight, you’re crying about your life in front of the soaps.”
5. “Maybe Christmas he thought doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
6. “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”
7. “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”
8. “Give me one reason, one good reason, why we should spend our last two hours in Florida looking at the sisters of Freckle-Face Haynes, the dog-faced boy.”
9. Mother always taught me: “Never eat singing food.”
10. “I must get that hat back! Think nasty, think nasty, think nasty!”
11. “You’ll never fit in! Now you come to elf practice, learn how to wiggle your ears, chuckle warmly, go “Hee-Hee” and “Ho-Ho”, and important stuff like that. A dentist! Good grief!”
12. “It’s a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club”.
13. “It’s Christmas Eve! It’s… it’s the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we… we… we smile a little easier, we… w-w-we… we… we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be!”
14. “We’re your worst nightmare. Elves with attitude.”
15. “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
16. “Good person? Well, I was a cow hand… out, out west. And one Christmas, a long, long time ago, I was riding along the Snake River, and I heard this little… kid, uh, yelling to somebody, and, uh, so I jumped into the river to save him. Well, I saved him, all right, but I got myself drowned. ‘Cause I didn’t know how to swim. And, um, after that they, they made me a Christmas angel.”
17. “You’re skipping Christmas! Isn’t that against the law?”
18. “What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.”
Grab a free printable of this Match the Christmas Movie Trivia quiz below:match-the-christmas-movie-quiz
You can find the answers to this Christmas quiz here.
Think you’re an expert on the movie White Christmas? Find out with my White Christmas trivia quiz.
Oh goodness! I’m so bad for remembering movies. I have watched multiple films most of the way through before realizing that Imd actually watched it before. I do know that the last quote is from White Christmas, 14 is the one with Tim Allen (the Santa Clause?), 12 is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (Clarke said it), 10 is from Frosty the Snowman, 5 is from the Grinch, and 2 is Elf. Ya?