For me, it’s going to be a bit of both. I do love getting away and going on vacation not just because I like to see new places and learn new things but also because it makes it harder for me to end up being a couch potato or hanging out online instead. But staycations – well they’re really great for my budget and for those quick little spontaneous outings that don’t require a lot of planning or time. I try to do a balance of both each year!
1. Getting out of town, sitting on a sandy beach or strolling through city streets is exhilarating. Make sure you look and feel your best, and take lots of pictures to capture the memories. Tip: for a huge time-saver during your action-packed vacation, try Batiste™ Dry Shampoo in Tropical to tackle oily hair. The light and clean scent will refresh your locks, giving you more time to check out the sights. I have a friend who went on a three day getaway recently and relied entirely on Batiste™. It was a whirlwind trip and washing her hair would mean hours spent drying it, straightening it, styling it….hours that could have been spent sightseeing. Batiste™ Dry Shampoo gave her the freedom to enjoy her time away and still have great looking hair.
2. The choices are endless. A cruise to the Bahamas? Seeing the Eiffel Tower in Paris? A change of scenery and broadening your horizons is good for the soul. I’m SUPER excited in the next few months, I get to go to Cincinnati, Chicago, and Gatineau. Then in October, it’s the big trip to England, France, and Italy. I’m preparing by doing all the research I can so I don’t miss out on anything! Tip: read fellow travellers reviews online. This will give you some great insight and ideas for what to see and do on your vacation and sometimes you can find insider tips that you won’t find out anywhere else.
3. If you’re going somewhere warm, this is your chance to escape the end of winter’s wrath…or maybe plan now for next winter’s getaway. Don’t forget to pack all the essentials. Tip: Get rid of unwanted hair with Nair™ Moroccan Argan Oil Ultimate Roll-On Body Wax. You’ll be left with smooth, soft and hair-free skin for up to four weeks.
1. You can get some ultimate relaxation. While jet-setting is exciting, you don’t have to deal with the stresses of travel or expenses. Staying home also doesn’t have to mean sacrificing fun. Tip: Don’t start running errands—do all the things you can’t do while working, like catching up on some much needed sleep! Schedule fun. Seriously, put it right into your schedule like any other important appointment and take some time to enjoy your own backyard!
2. You know the area. There’s no getting lost, or feeling uncomfortable in unfamiliar territory. Take the time to explore your neighbourhood and do the things you’ve wanted to do. Tip: Check out a museum, unwind at a local park, or try a new restaurant. You might be surprised what you’ll uncover in your own backyard. Even just finding a new local coffee shop or bookstore to while away the hours in can be relaxing and refreshing.
3. Learn a new skill. Most of us don’t get the time to try something new. Tip: try painting, take a cooking class, or even try a new sport. You’ll be amazed at the vast amount of new and exciting experiences that are out there. It’s a fun way to meet some locals too. You might even want to check out Youtube and have a look at a few potential interests to narrow things down before heading out.
So what about you? Will it be a vacation or a staycation?
A Staycation for me most likely. 🙂