1) In what year was the movie White Christmas released?
2) Once Fred Astaire turned down the role, who was originally supposed to play the part of Phil Davis?
Donald O’Connor but he became ill and was then replaced with Danny Kaye.
3) This was the third film in which Bing Crosby performed the song White Christmas. What were the other two?
Holiday Inn and Blue Skies
4) In what year was the movie White Christmas released?
hmmmm, how did I end up putting this question in twice???
5) In what year does the majority of the movie take place?
6) In what place does the majority of the movie take place?
an inn in Vermont
7) What song in the movie was nominated for an Oscar?
nope, not White Christmas – that song won an Oscar in 1942 out of the movie Holiday Inn….Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep was nominated from White Christmas
8) The song Sisters is sung by the Haynes sisters in the movie. Who actually sang this song in the movie? Who sang it on the soundtrack album?
Vera Ellen couldn’t sing so Rosemary Clooney performed both parts of the duet for the movie. However, when it came time to release an official soundtrack album for the movie, Clooney wasn’t allowed to sing on it because she was under contract to Columbia and the album was being released by Decca. Peggy Lee sang both parts on the recording. Note: Overdubbing was a new technology in 1954 and made it possible for Clooney and Lee to sing both parts of the duet. Even though Clooney couldn’t be part of the official soundtrack album, she did record the song “Sisters” with her real sister, Betty Clooney.
9) Who wrote the music for the movie White Christmas?
10) What war was going on at the very beginning of the movie and what rank did Bob and Phil each have in the army?
World War II; Bob was a Captain and Phil was a Private.