I just adore amusement parks. There’s such fun and excitement there! When it comes to amusement parks. Cedar Point is definitely one of my all time favourites. It’s only a couple hours away from my home in London, Ontario and our family has such a great time every time we visit. We like to make a weekend of it. Cedar Point has fantastic accommodations and so much to do. In fact, last time we were there, we decided that we needed to make a long weekend of it because we just couldn’t fit in everything we wanted to do – there’s so many fun family activities!
Some quick facts about Cedar Point:
- One of our favourite things about Cedar Point is the wide selection of activities for all ages. All too often we’ve found that some parks are designed so much with one age group in mind that you end up with some people being bored and feeling left out. Not so at Cedar Point. There’s something for everyone!
- Along with the amusement park, Cedar Point is also home to Castaway Bay, an indoor water park.
- Cedar Point is the second oldest continually-operated amusement park in North America.
- Cedar Point was voted the “Best Amusement Park in the World” for 16 consecutive years by the readers of Amusement Today
- Cedar Point features more than 150 rides, shows and attractions
- There are more than three miles of midway in the park
- Cedar Point has three unique carousels, with 164 animals to ride, including one of only three operating D.C. Muller carousels in the world
- Riders travel at 176 feet per second (120 mph) on the Top Thrill Dragster—the fastest coaster in the park
- Cedar Point boasts 72 rides, including 17 roller coasters making it the “Roller Coaster Capital of the World”
- Also present at Cedar Point is Dinosaurs Alive which features over 50 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, which are scientifically accurate based on the latest paleontological knowledge.
New for 2016 at Cedar Point:
- Cedar Point is introducing Valravn, the TALLEST, FASTEST and LONGEST dive coaster in the world!Guests will climb over 20 stories before being held over the edge for four seconds as they hang, waiting for that heart-pounding moment. Then, it’s a 75-mph dive STRAIGHT DOWN at a 90-degree angle as the massive trains flip upside-down through three inversions along the ride’s 3,415 feet of steel track.
- In the Sunrise Thrills Tour, guests will have the opportunity to see what goes into “waking up” the park’s roller coasters. Guests can learn more about ride safety, technical operations, start-up procedures and the Valravn’s unique passenger vehicles. The highlight of the tour will be a climb to the top of Valravn’s 223-foot-tall hill for a breathtaking, panoramic view of Cedar Point (and some once-in-a-lifetime selfies).
- Ultimate Cedar Point fans can join the new Ride Warriors Club, a members-only group that receives exclusive park access and benefits. Inaugural members will receive their own membership card, private ride time on some of the park’s most popular rides throughout the season, access to invitation-only events, unique photo and video opportunities not available to the public, private question & answer sessions with park management and more.
What’s your favourite type of ride at an amusement park? Hope to see you soon at Cedar Point!
Leave a Reply