I was so excited once the snow had completely melted. I mean, it felt like it took FOREVER to go away. I was so tired of cleaning the dampness off the dog’s paws (and often her whole body – she likes to make doggy snow angels) and grateful not to have to do that anymore. Then I remembered that spring is a bit of a transition period where we go from Trinity tracking in snow to her tracking in mud. My backyard is like one big swamp in the spring and of course, Trinny has to explore each and every yucky dirty centimeter of it.
These tips from the makers of Arm & Hammer™ not only help keep my home clean and fresh, but they save me money too.
- Spruce up your spring wardrobe by using Arm & Hammer™ Cold Water Liquid Laundry Detergent to keep you smelling fresh and clean – it powers out dirt and odours in low temperatures with special agents in the detergent trapping soil in the wash water, so it rinses away and doesn’t redeposit on your clothes.
- Open the windows to the fresh spring air and let out the smell that Old Man Winter might have left in its wake. Clothes that have been tucked away are prone to powerful odours: fight the tough odours with Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent, Fresh Scent. This formula, with deodorizing Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda, neutralizes even the toughest odours, while OxiClean™ Dirt Fighters loosen and help lift up dirt.
- With the pitter-patter of little muddy feet on the kitchen floor, your floor is bound to get dirty. Remove dirt and grime (without unwanted scratch marks) from no-wax and tile floors using 120 g Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda in a bucket of warm water, then mop and rinse clean for a sparkling floor that everyone will adore.
- Have an athlete in your family with the case of the smelly gym bag? Sprinkle Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda into the offending gym bag to deodorize and abracadabra — the odours are gone! For the Tiger Woods on your team, clean golf irons (without scratching them) with a baking soda paste (3 parts Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda to 1 part water) and a brush. Rinse thoroughly and let dry.
- Plastic takeout containers smell like the last meal? Wash the containers in between uses with Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda sprinkled on a clean damp sponge. Bon appétit!
I know that the number one task for me is to get all my trash cans, recycling bins, and the cats’ litter boxes scrubbed out and freshened up using the same baking soda tip for the plastic takeout containers.