Thomas the Tank Engine fans, have I got a deal for you! (and I’m not even Monty Hall – am I dating myself here?). If your kids love Thomas and friends, there is nothing more exciting than getting to actually ride on the Thomas train! Even as an adult, I have to say it’s really fun. You just can’t help but smile when you see all the kids’ beaming faces, their eyes lighting up as Thomas rolls into view.
Photos from last year’s day out above. Look at how thrilled she is to be taking a Thomas train ride!
Thomas The Tank returns to Elgin County Railway Museum on July 16 and 17 and again July 22 through the 24th for the annual Day out with Thomas event. Proceeds from the tour’s St. Thomas stop, benefit the Elgin County Railway Museum. This will be the 12th consecutive year the non-profit organization has hosted the Day Out With Thomas event in the city. I’ve been…hmmm is it 3 or 4 years in a row now?….and every single time has been a blast.
This fun-filled event offers children and their families the opportunity to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine, star of the popular Thomas & Friends™ series. BUT it’s not just a train ride – although seriously, that is pretty cool. Besides riding on the train, your family can meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway and enjoy a day of Thomas-themed activities.
Some of last year’s fun events at the Day Out with Thomas the Tank Engine event above!
Doesn’t this look like a great day out with the family? Well then, it’s time for the deal I mentioned above. I have been provided with 4 tickets to give away to one of you lucky readers! Tickets are for Sunday, July 24 at 4:15pm. Train leaves from the St. Thomas – Elgin Memorial Centre, 80 Wilson Avenue, St. Thomas, ON N5R 3R2. It is advised to arrive an hour ahead of departure time to park, pick up tickets and board Thomas The Tank. Of course, feel to arrive earlier and stay later to enjoy all the Day out with Thomas activities.
What is included:
- A 25-minute train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- Meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts, train tables, and play clay.
- Storytelling, video viewing, live children’s entertainment featuring music, magic & puppets
- Bubbles, Island of Sodor hay bale maze, Misty Island cool mist tents, inflatable bouncers, model railway displays, creatures and more!
- Event tickets also include free admission to the Elgin County Railway Museum
- Please note that I am not able to accommodate other date/time requests nor are tickets transferable.ENTER HERE>>> Entry-Form
- For more information and directions, contact the Elgin County Railway Museum at (519) 637-6284 or www.ecrm5700.orgKeep up with the Elgin County Railway Museum on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ecrm5700And Twitter – @ECRailwayMuseum
For information on Thomas & Friends, visit www.thomasandfriends.com
And follow along with Thomas & Friends on Facebook – www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends
Via Twitter – @ThomasFriends, hashtag #DayOutwithThomas
Want to buy tickets for Day Out with Thomas: The Ready, Set, Go Tour 2016?
The tour, now in its 21st year, will make 43 stops across the U.S. and Canada and is expected to welcome nearly one million passengers in 2016. Day Out with Thomas: The Ready, Set, Go Tour 2016 is presented by Fisher-Price.