These slow cooker brisket tacos are delicious and so easy to prepare. I leave out the peppers because those along with the spices and salsa is a bit too much for my sensitive stomach but I can see the rest of my family who LOVE hot and spicy would love this recipe as is.
I love avocadoes. I mean, I could eat anything made with avocadoes pretty much on a daily basis. They’re so good for you (in moderation) and I love how the cool creaminess of them balances hot and spicy food.
Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket
- 4 poblano peppers (or Hatch chile pepper if in season)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- Chopped cilantro
- Mexican cheese for topping
- Wholly Guacamole® Classic dip
- Wholly Salsa® dip (your choice of flavor)
- Mix salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture on the beef brisket. Make sure you completely cover the entire brisket with seasoning.
- Place seasoned beef brisket in a large slow cooker. Add the 4 poblano peppers and water to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is cooked, tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker and shred.
- Heat tortillas then add some shredded meat to each tortilla. Top with Mexican cheese, cilantro, Wholly Guacamole dip and Wholly Salsa dip.
Recipe courtesy of Wholly Guacamole® brand.