This is genius. I remember so many times when my daughter was little that she wanted to stay up for all the fun of ringing in the new year but it simply wasn’t practical. She’d get cranky and then, I’d get cranky – not really the ideal way to celebrate, right?
Well, this year, Netflix has solved that issue with a brilliant idea. You see, they surveyed parents and found out that:
- 96 per cent of Canadian parents plan to spend New Year’s Eve with their kids,
- More than a third of Canadian parents would use a special New Year’s Eve countdown as a way to get their kids to bed early (34 per cent)
- 51 per cent of parents feel that having an on-demand New Year’s Eve countdown will allow them to celebrate as a family
- Over 70 per cent of parents would start their special countdown before 11 p.m., with one in five parents choosing 9 p.m. as the ideal time to ring in those famous 10 seconds (20 per cent)
- 65 per cent of parents plan to spend time with their significant other after putting their kids to bed before midnight
So, they have responded with six on-demand countdown specials that parents can use to ring in the new year anytime! They can choose when it’s time to say goodnight and the kids choose how to celebrate with their favourite characters.
- Puffin Rock residents Oona and Baba re-live their adventures from the past year and celebrate with the Northern Lights, nature’s very own fireworks.
- Care Bears & Cousins head to Share Bear’s Shake Shack to gear up for a belly badge-tastic countdown in Care-a-Lot.
- Inspector Gadget saves New Year’s Eve from a mischievous M.A.D. agent just in the nick of time for a dazzling firework display.
- King Julien lives up to his party animal persona with a countdown to dance your way into the new year.
- Mr. Peabody and Sherman venture around the world to gather their favorite talk show guests for a star-studded countdown event featuring Hiccup and Toothless, Puss in Boots, the Croods and the entire Dinotrux team.
- Project Mc2 stars McKeyla, Adrienne, Bryden and Camryn team up for NOV8’s most important mission yet: Party! •
Midnight, shmidnight. This year you can celebrate as a family and still have time for a parents-only party afterwards! No matter where you are, start your party anytime, anywhere by searching New Year’s Eve Countdown on Netflix. And we won’t tell them it’s not midnight if you don’t.
How do YOU plan to celebrate New Year’s Eve?