I’ve recently come across some products that I love so much, I decided I should share them with you. I’m planning to make this a monthly feature so be sure to come back each month to check out what I’ve chosen. Here are my five favourites for October:
Note: This blog post contains affiliate links. Clicking on these links do not add to your costs of purchasing these items and may provide a small bonus to this site. Thank you so much for supporting Creative Cynchronicity.
1) Batiste Dry Shampoo – this has been a lifesaver with all the traveling I do. It isn’t always convenient to be able to wash my hair along my journeys but it needs a bit of freshening up. Batiste Dry Shampoo to the rescue! Spray a little bit in and work it through and ta da!!!! You’re good to go again.
2) 4 in 1 Grill/Waffle Iron – I love appliances that are multi-purpose and take up less storage space while being so incredibly functional. This handy dandy gadget allows me to grill, make panini sandwiches, waffles, and more all in one machine. It converts easily with the use of plates that snap in place according to whatever you want to use it for. Makes a fantastic gift!
3) Survivor iPad Case – I use my iPad mini A LOT. I also take it with me pretty much everywhere. It has been on trains, planes, buses, and so chances are, it’s going to get banged around now and then. The Survivor case is the best one I’ve ever seen for providing the ultimate protection for your tablet. Right after my daughter got hers, a friend was holding her iPad and dropped it to the floor. Not one bit of damage. My dog once banged into my hands and my iPad went flying across the room. Not one bit of damage. Of course, I’m sure there’s nothing that’s foolproof but the Survivor has given us the most protection we could possibly ask for. It was made for and tested by the US Military. Comes with a screen cover as well as the protective case.
4) Neutrogena Acne Control – I barely ever got acne as a teenager. Once in a while when I was hormonal, I’d get one zit but that was it. I considered myself incredibly lucky. Fast forward to me in menopause and I feel like nature is playing a cruel joke. Ok, ok, I know that still, I’m not experiencing breakouts like many have but even so, I had NO idea you could continue to get them well into your menopausal years. They’re generally tiny but I keep getting these little clusters of them all over my chin and around my upper lip and nose. This acne control cream is a miracle worker. Apply a bit of it in the evening and my breakouts are gone by morning. My daughter gets the same results with her occasional zits as well. What about those of you with more difficult acne issues? Friends have tried this product and although they don’t get the overnight results we do, they find that it clears up their zits much faster than usual!
5) Supperworks – Available in locations in the GTA and Southwest Ontario, Supperworks was invaluable to me in the month of August. My schedule was so insanely busy that I actually went two days in a row without eating. Crazy, right? I knew I needed to do something but it all seemed to take too much time out of an already stretched-to-the-limit schedule. So, I decided to try Supperworks.
Essentially, they take most of the work out of dinner prep. You go online and order the number of meals you want and choose the meals from their menu. I made 6 meals (serves 4-6) but they give you an option of splitting those into half orders. So for around $215, I was getting 12 meals, each serving 2-3. Since I live alone, each one of those would provide me with 2 meals and so for the convenience of it all (and healthier eating!!!), I was getting at least 24 meals for $215. Not bad when you consider how much easier it made things.
It’s set up like a salad bar with each station representing a different recipe. All ingredients are already cut up for you as needed making it quick and easy to assemble in the provided freezer bags. There are instructions at each station for how to assemble the recipe – one scoop of this, a tablespoon of that. Finally, you are provided with labels for your freezer bags showing what it contains and giving complete cooking instructions. I came out of there with the 12 freezer bags in under an hour and 15 minutes.
All of the meals were incredibly quick and easy to cook (slow cooker, grill, stovetop, oven) and they tasted delicious. They have side dishes and desserts available too if you want them. Every night I simply pulled a bag out of my freezer and put it into the fridge to thaw. Dinner – planned and sorted in one fell swoop! Obviously, I can save a bit of money by making similar meals with my own ingredients from home but for the savings in time (meal prep and cleanup) and the ability to have decent, healthy meals made from real local foods even when busy, I plan to use this service at least a few times a year.