I'm in the process of doing some home renovations in terms of a makeover of my basement apartment and making plans for some more changes upstairs following that. One of the big things I need to do is to replace my windows. Most of them are old – maybe even original to my 1960s house – and I just know that I'm wasting money on heating and cooling because of them. In the research I've done, I've definitely decided that I want to go with vinyl windows for several reasons. I found a really valuable comparison chart and information on the Royal Building Products that was quite helpful in making my decision.
1) Easy to maintain – Being the sole home owner, I am responsible for the maintenance of my house. I need something that's as easy to take care of as possible. With vinyl windows, I know that the frames and sashes will never need repainting, and they resist salt and dirt.
2) Energy efficient – Vinyl is an excellent insulator and I know that much of the heat and air conditioning loss going on in my home is going out through the windows. Vinyl windows will help curb that problem.
3) Weatherability – Vinyl windows can stand up to the harsh Canadian climate I live in.
4) Easy to operate – The windows open and close easily. I currently have to fight with some of my windows to get them opened and closed and it can really be annoying!
5) Comfort – Because they are more energy efficient, vinyl windows help maintain comfortable temperatures in your home, minus the drafts that I have coming in through mine now.
So it was an easy decision to pick vinyl windows for my home. Want more information about them? Check out the Royal Building Products website!