1) Why did ancient Celts begin the tradition of wearing masks and costumes on Halloween?
2) Halloween originated as the pagan festival known as what?
3) According to superstition, a person born on Halloween has a particular ability. What is it?
4) According to legend, if a girl wants to see/dream of her future husband, what should she do on Halloween night?
5) Another legend states that on Halloween night owls will swoop down and feast on the souls of the dying. What must you do to protect yourself from the hungry owls?
6) If you want to see a witch on Halloween night, what should you do?
7) What vegetable did ancient Celts use as their Jack O’Lanterns?
8) If you see a spider on Halloween, what does that mean according to an old superstition?
9) Why did the ancients bury animal bones in their front yards on Halloween?
10) From what practice does the idea that witches ride on broomsticks originate?