It’s another holiday so obviously, it’s time for another trivia quiz! Answers will be posted tomorrow!
1) The tradition of the Easter bunny and bringing coloured eggs for children to find on Easter morning began in what country?
2) In some European countries, it is traditional to have huge bonfires burning for the Easter vigil (the night before Easter). What do they burn in these bonfires?
3) Eggs of a certain colour were given to children on Easter because it was believed that they would protect them from bad luck throughout the following year. What colour were those eggs?
4) In the Middle Ages, it was believed that certain household chores should never be done on Good Friday or they would bring bad luck. What were those chores?
5) Where did the name Easter come from?
6) The fourth Sunday of Lent in England is Mothering Sunday – the UK equivalent of Mother’s Day. In the Middle Ages, servants were given that day off to go home and visit their mothers. Traditionally, they would bring a certain food along as a gift to their mothers. What food was it?
7) Breads and buns baked on Good Friday were believed to never go mouldy and felt to have healing properties. They would be kept and tiny slivers would be shaved off of them and fed to those who were ill to cure them. They were also kept because it was believed that they could offer protection in 3 other ways as well. What were those three ways?
8) At Maundy Thursday church services in some countries, priests perform certain tasks in remembrance of what Jesus did at the Last Supper. What are these tasks?
9) How many days are there in Lent?
10) According to statistics, what part of a chocolate bunny do most people bite off first?
11) What did the first Easter basket look like?
12) What are the earliest and latest possible dates for Easter?
13) According to the Guinness Book of World Records, how big was the largest Easter egg made to date?
14) How long does it take to make one Peep?
15) For which holiday is more candy sold – Halloween or Easter?
16) What is "Pysanka"?
17) For how many pieces of silver did Judas betray Christ?
18) Which American President started the tradition of the White House egg rolling celebration?
19) How many Faberge eggs were made?
20) What is the significance of the Easter lily?
Bonus question: What kind of wood was Jesus’ cross made of?