2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Fake because I’m allergic to the real ones.
3. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS? When people get stressed out and lose the true meaning of it.
4. WHAT IS THE ONE THING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE UNDER THE TREE THIS YEAR? A selfie stick.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO/BUILD IN THE SNOW? Favorite thing in the snow? Is that some kind of an oxymoron?
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DRINK? Eggnog with Kahlua.
7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY SMELL? I can’t think of anything. Anything highly scented with cinnamon tends to make me have an asthma attack. I do like the smell of evergreen trees (real – not the fake evergreen smell) but I’m allergic so can’t be around them much. Maybe shortbread cookies baking in the oven? Turkey roasting? I like both of those. (Was trying to think of something non-food)
8. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE REINDEER? Prancer, because of the Prancer movie.
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHRISTMAS EVE RITUAL? First thing would be eating a French Canadian dinner of Tourtiere and French onion soup, usually served with some kind of salad and a Yule log cake/Jesus’ birthday cake for dessert. Before we leave for church, we’d put out cookies and milk (and a piece of Jesus’ birthday cake) for Santa and reindeer feed and carrots for the reindeer.Then it’s off to church and on the way home, we take the long way and look at all the Christmas lights around town. When we get home, we’d find that Santa would have delivered our gifts. We’d get changed into our Christmas pajamas, grab some eggnog, turn on the Christmas music, and settle in to open our gifts. By the time we were done, it was usually near midnight so we’d be hungry again! We’d put out a spread of appetizer and snack type stuff and have a little feast either while watching Christmas movies or playing board games (especially if we got new ones for Christmas).
10. ARE YOU A FRIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SHOPPER? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I hate shopping at the best of times. I used to work at a department store in the US when I went to university and it was bad enough working it – there is no way I’m going to do it voluntarily.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY FOOD? Hmmm, that’s tough. I love all of it. I guess one would be the cranberry brie bundles in phyllo pastry. Yum yum! And there’s one that my mom and I love at Christmas dinner that pretty much no one else does – creamed peas. (sounds delicious doesn’t it? lol)
12. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT SANTA WASN’T REAL? I don’t remember. What I do remember is that I wrote my mom and dad a letter saying I knew he wasn’t real and my dad wrote back with the most beautiful letter about the true meaning of Christmas and keeping the idea of Santa in our hearts.
13. WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE UNDER THE MISTLETOE WITH YOU? ROBERT DOWNEY JR. No question about it.
14. HAVE YOU BOUGHT ALL YOUR PRESENTS YET? Not really buying much this year. My list is pretty short and most things I’m making. I have ordered the gifts for my daughter and her husband to be wrapped and delivered by Amazon UK though.
15. DO YOU SPEND CHRISTMAS WITH A LOT OF FAMILY? It depends. Some years with lots of family and others it has been just me and my daughter. This year I’ll mostly be spending it on my own but probably going to visit family too.
16. DO YOU STILL MAKE SNOWMEN AND SNOW ANGELS? I made a snowman last year for the sole purpose of needing it in a picture in a blog post. My dog makes snow angels though.
17. DO YOU STILL HAVE SNOW BALL FIGHTS? No. When I was little I got hit in the eye with one and nearly lost my vision in that eye. I’m not a big fan because of that.
18. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE? My all time favourite since I was a kid is Miracle on 34th Street but a close second is a tie between White Christmas and any of the Christmas Carol movies. I do have a special fondness for the Grinch, love Elf, and can’t miss Christmas Vacation!
19. WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE? I have no clue. I’m not much on NYE parties so it will probably be a quiet night at home.
20. WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING YOU’VE GOTTEN FOR CHRISTMAS? My (at the time) boyfriend bought me a new laptop one year.
21. HOW EARLY DO YOU WAKE UP ON CHRISTMAS MORNING? Whenever the urge strikes me. With the dog around that’s usually pretty early.
22. WHAT DO YOU USUALLY GET IN YOUR STOCKING? Ha! My stocking is usually forgotten so I generally end up buying stuff for it myself. I generally get myself some new socks and underwear, a new CD or DVD, earrings…that kind of thing. And always, always a chocolate orange in the toe.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG? This is such a tough question. I love so many of them! I’d have to say though my absolute favourite is Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant. It’s such a beautiful song and a beautiful message.
24. WHAT DECORATIONS ARE ON YOUR TREE? I don’t have a tree at the moment and might not put one up this year. (Gasp!!!). I’m the only person who is going to see it and honestly, I don’t know if I want to do all that work to put it up and take it down just for me. We’ll see. I might just put up a small one with lights only. Usually we have more than one tree – one is generally decorated to the nines with all kinds of beautiful ornaments but the other is filled with all the fun ones my daughter has received over the years – lots of Disney stuff!
25. WERE YOU EVER IN A CHRISTMAS RECITAL? I remember being a shepherd one year at church. I was mad because I wanted to be the angel and thought that girls couldn’t be shepherds.
Your turn – I’d love to see your answers to these questions too!