I’ve got a new holiday quiz for you this year – Match the Christmas Movie Quotes! Can you match the quotes to the movie? (“bonus points” if you can name the character who said the words too) Oh and no cheating (aka Googling)!
1. Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.
2. “Why don’t you just say it? I’m the worst toy-maker in the world. I’m a cotton-headed ninnymuggins!”
3. “If Higbee thinks I’m working one minute past 9:00, he can kiss my foot. Ho ho ho.”
4. “I can see it now. Sixteen thousand bags of Cheetos later, you’ll wake up, you’re thirty-five, you’re overweight, you’re crying about your life in front of the soaps.”
5. “Maybe Christmas he thought doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
6. “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”
7. “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”
8. “Give me one reason, one good reason, why we should spend our last two hours in Florida looking at the sisters of Freckle-Face Haynes, the dog-faced boy.”
9. Mother always taught me: “Never eat singing food.”
10. “I must get that hat back! Think nasty, think nasty, think nasty!”
11. “You’ll never fit in! Now you come to elf practice, learn how to wiggle your ears, chuckle warmly, go “Hee-Hee” and “Ho-Ho”, and important stuff like that. A dentist! Good grief!”
12. “It’s a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club”.
13. “It’s Christmas Eve! It’s… it’s the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we… we… we smile a little easier, we… w-w-we… we… we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be!”
14. “We’re your worst nightmare. Elves with attitude.”
15. “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
16. “Good person? Well, I was a cow hand… out, out west. And one Christmas, a long, long time ago, I was riding along the Snake River, and I heard this little… kid, uh, yelling to somebody, and, uh, so I jumped into the river to save him. Well, I saved him, all right, but I got myself drowned. ‘Cause I didn’t know how to swim. And, um, after that they, they made me a Christmas angel.”
17. “You’re skipping Christmas! Isn’t that against the law?”
18. “What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.”