Look what these kids are doing to help other children who are hungry:
If they can do it, we can do it too!
Five quick and easy ways to help in 5 minutes or less:
1) Send a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. If you have a small grassroots community newspaper as well like we do in my town, contact them. They may even let you write a guest feature article.
2) Send letters to your elected officials.
3) Share information about the cause with your Facebook friends.
4) Look in your kitchen cupboard and pick out a few items you could donate to your local food bank.
5) Talk to your kids about hunger and ask them what they’d like to do as a family to help.
The No Kid Hungry site has great resources with many ideas on what you can do to help including predesigned letters to the editor and elected officials and prewritten Facebook status updates that you can simply click on, fill in your own personal information, and use very quickly and painlessly.
Latest posts by Cyn Gagen (see all)
- Crafty Hangouts: Wreath Week Coming Up - May 17, 2013
- Blogger Signup: Keurig Giveaway - May 17, 2013
- Craft Lightning: 15 Minute Crafts: Envelope Gift Holder - May 17, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: Crystal Bridges Museum #SoFabCon (Linky) - May 8, 2013
- This is My Life with Crohns. #ThisIsMe - May 7, 2013