1) In what State did Adolf Hitler once own 8,960 acres of land? In 1942, it was discovered that the German Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, then at war with the U.S., actually owned 8,960 acres of valuable land in Colorado. The Mayor of Kit Carson, Colo., revealed that Hitler had inherited the grazing land from relatives in Germany. The spread, 4 mi. from the small city of Kit Carson, was used by neighboring ranchers for grazing cattle.
2) At what price did Thomas Jefferson, President and the main author of the Constitution, negotiate a deal with Napoleon to buy Louisiana? 3,000,000 British pounds
3) Part or all of what 2 States can be reached by land only if you leave the U.S.? Minnesota and Alaska. A northern portion of Minnesota is isolated from the rest of the State by the Lake of the Woods, which borders it on the north, east, and south–with Canada’s Province of Manitoba on the west side. As a result, this section of Minnesota cannot be reached from the U.S. by land. And the new State of Alaska is separated from the State of Washington by Canada’s British Columbia.
4) What state in the U.S. has the smallest population? Delaware
5) Of the 5 Great Lakes, only one is located entirely inside the U.S. Which one is it? Lake Michigan
For the rest of the questions and answers, check out this post: http://cynsreality.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/answers-to-independence-day-quiz/
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!!!