It’s maple syrup week here at the Tearoom! The sap is running here in Ontario, Canada so it seemed like an ideal time to share some of my favourite maple syrup recipes. Here’s a video showing you a typical “sugaring off” party:
This maple mustard chicken is a hit with family and friends.
2 T. vegetable oil (30 ml)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (dredge them in some flour that’s been seasoned with salt and pepper)
(1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms – optional – I don’t include these because I’m allergic but the original recipe called for them)
1 chopped green onion
1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
3 T. maple syrup (45 ml)
1 tsp. (5 ml) Dijon mustard
Instructions: In a skillet, saute the chicken in the oil until it’s golden brown in colour. Put aside to drain on paper towels. Using the same skillet, saute the scallion (and mushrooms if using). Stir in the cream, syrup, and mustard. Cook this over medium heat, stirring frequently until it reduces and thickens a bit. Serve the sauce over the chicken.
Latest posts by Cyn Gagen (see all)
- Tasty Tuesday: Our Favorite Macaroni Salad With Bacon and Cheddar - May 21, 2013
- Meow Monday (with linky): Hanging out in the Cabinets - May 20, 2013
- Crafty Hangouts: Wreath Week Coming Up - May 17, 2013
- Blogger Signup: Keurig Giveaway - May 17, 2013
- Craft Lightning: 15 Minute Crafts: Envelope Gift Holder - May 17, 2013